11/12 EARLY SHIFT TO REMOTE GIVEN COVID TRENDS
Dear Bosque Students, Parents, and Guardians,
We have done a remarkable job as a school community of following COVID safe practices together and have yet to have a documented COVID exposure on campus. Still, due to the concerning COVID trends in our state, our local hospitals nearing critical points of capacity, and our Governor messaging the urgent need for New Mexicans to stay home and take dramatic action to curb the spread of COVID, we will be shifting to Model 3: Remote Teaching & Learning one week earlier than planned. Tomorrow, Friday, November 13th, will be our last day of hybrid instruction for the semester. Thus, as of Monday, November 16th, ALL students will transition to Model 3: Remote Teaching & Learning. Student schedules will be updated in the student portal accordingly by Monday. The daily schedule can be found here.
Some additional notes about this pivot:
- All athletics, 6th period PE classes, tutoring, rehearsals, and other in-person school activities will be suspended for at least two weeks. Should this be able to change after Thanksgiving, we will be in touch.
- Picture days next week are cancelled. We will be considering how best to reconfigure picture days. Please watch for communications to come on this topic.
- If your child has left needed supplies at school, please reach out to the front desk (505-898-6388) to arrange a pick-up. Teachers will be in touch directly with any details about supplies needed during our remote period.
Our updated pivot plan will now be as follows:
- November 23-November 27: Thanksgiving Break (no school)
- December 18-January 4: Winter Break (no school)
- January 18: Martin Luther King Day (no school)
- Note: All details above are subject to change based on evolving public health data and state directives.
STAYING HEALTHY, TRAVEL, AND HOLIDAY PLANNING:
In order to allow us the best chance to return in person in the new year, it will be vital for all of us to continue to contribute to significantly improved COVID trends. Please stay committed to COVID safe practices (mask-wearing, social distancing, hand washing, etc.). Please also be thoughtful about your travel and holiday planning. The most current travel restrictions can be found here, and we also encourage all families to review the CDC guidance on holiday safety.
STAYING CONNECTED WHILE REMOTE:
We are working to build out a robust series of virtual ways for students, parents, and guardians to stay connected to Bosque while we are remote. Please watch for information about these opportunities and some updates to our second semester calendar to be shared next week.
URGENT-KEEPING NURSE JUSTINE INFORMED ABOUT COVID CASES:
Even during this time of remote, it is essential that you keep Nurse Justine informed of any possible COVID exposures/cases in your family or household so that she can provide support and any guidance regarding school-related contact tracing.
This decision comes with very heavy hearts as we cherish every moment we have our students on campus. The risks have gotten to a point where we feel it necessary to make this decision regarding our community’s health and wellness and contribute to a desperately needed shift in our state’s trends. It has been magical to have our campus filled with our students’ joy and energy for the past nine weeks. While I dread the shift back to remote, I know that we have the strength, fortitude, and resilience to get through this, one day at a time.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, and please know we stand in support and in community with each of you as we collectively navigate the chapter ahead.
Jessie Barrie, PhD Head of School